Wednesday 22 February 2017

Britain’s youngest mum pregnant with fiancee, 10 years after her first child was taken away

Britain’s youngest mum pregnant with fiancee, 10 years after her first child was taken away

Tressa Middleton, aged 12, holding her newborn baby girl.

WHEN Tressa Middleton was just 11-years-old, she fell pregnant after her brother raped her.
Nine months later, she became Britain’s youngest mum — giving birth to a healthy baby girl.
When she first announced her pregnancy, she claimed the baby was the result of a drunken accident with a teenager — terrified if her family uncovered the truth.
As her face was splashed on the covers on newspapers and magazines all over the country, it wasn’t until she was 14-years-old that Tressa finally admitted who the father really was, and the baby wasn’t a result of drunken negligence.
Tressa stunned her family when she admitted her older brother Jason, who was 16-year-old at the time, had raped her.
After DNA tests proved he was her baby’s father during a trial in 2009, he was put behind bars for four years.
Tressa was forced to give her baby daughter up for adoption in 2008 — just two years after the baby was born, who would now be the same age she was when she fell pregnant.
Just four years after giving her up, Tressa fell pregnant with her second child when she was 18 with her fiancee, Darren.
But in another tragic turn of circumstances, the baby’s heart stopped beating six months before Tressa’s due date.

“I went to St John’s Hospital in Livingston in the morning,” she told The Sun.
“I had been bleeding and was in agony. They told me there was no heartbeat.”


Tressa with her daughter, who she gave up for adoption two years after giving birth.


Struggling to fall pregnant again, Tressa felt as though she was being punished for letting her firstborn go all those years ago.
Now 23-years-old, the young mother’s despair has turned to joy — after finding out this month that she is expecting with her partner, Darren.
“I’ll never let this one go,” she told The Mirror.
Speaking of the challenge to fall pregnant following the miscarriage, Tressa said “I know it sounds crazy but when I was trying to fall pregnant and it wasn’t happening, I thought the worst.
“Not having my daughter with me still affects me every single day and I thought I was being punished for what happened with her, for letting her go.

Tressa and her partner Darren, had a miscarriage in 2012.

“Discovering I was pregnant was ­bittersweet. I am so excited about what the future holds and I already love my baby.
“I cannot wait to meet him or her but when both lines on that pregnancy test showed up, although I was happy, I was desperately sad as well. I had a little cry.”
Tressa said that if she had the opportunity, she would get her baby girl back in a heartbeat.
“I am so grateful I am finally going to be the mother I have longed to be all these years,” she said.
“But I don’t ever want my first child to think I abandoned her, or that I am replacing her with this new baby.
“I’d welcome her back tomorrow with open arms if I could and I hope she knows she will always be a part of our family.
“But this is the future for me and I can’t keep looking back. The past has made me even more determined to keep this child and give him or her the best possible life.”
Following her daughter’s adoption, Tressa spent the following three years in and out of care homes, and fell into a life of alcohol and drug abuse.

Tressa and her partner Darren are expecting their first child together, following a miscarriage in 2012.

Tressa said she now sees how young she was when she fell pregnant.
“My little girl is 10 now. She’ll be 11 in the summer almost the same age I was when I fell pregnant,” she said.
“It has made me realise just how young I was when all that happened. At the time I didn’t feel like I was that young because I had already been through so much but now, it makes me feel sick. No child should have that happen.”

SHARE THIS

Author:

Facebook Comment

0 comments: